Saturday, January 7, 2012

The First of a few...

The wait (that never existed) is over!!! I'm pretty confident that I am going to Thailand to teach English for at least 9 months. I will talk more about that later. Right now, however, I will discuss how the heck I will communicate with you guys.

The phone will be kind of expensive, and I will probably have to get a special Thai one anyway. I was thinking of something like a burner (you know, like drug dealers use...)

Skype is a fantastic program that allows you to talk with people all over the world. It requires good bandwidth, however, which my school doesn't have (Dialup....)

Messages in a bottle are notorious for getting to the wrong parties, and more often than not, get eaten by sea monsters.

Facebook is dependable, and I will probably be on it a lot, but I have kind of stopped befriending people for a while. No offense, I just don't do it often.

Email works and will be check daily. If you have my address, use it. If not, then you may be S.O.L. for now, as I will not be posting that on here.

I thought about using the "Rocky Method", but I don't know of anybody who can holler across the Pacific Ocean.

Prayers are appreciated, of course.

My last idea was a couple of cups with some string between them. The only problem is that $128,304,000 for  string seems a bit excessive. Besides, you can only have one line available.


 So most of you will be relegated to just receiving whatever scraps of information that I choose to throw your way. I am bad about being lazy when it comes to typing something on a regular basis, and have often found myself saying "If only I could just talk, and then I won't have to type." That dream has become a reality ladies and one gentleman.

   I will just talk. Not much typing, just talking. I am working on using the RSS feed to publish a podcast (if it works, I will post instructions), but until then, I will link to the download for my talkies. Below are the initial tests for this system. One uses my fancy Samsung Q1U USB mic, which has recorded some snappy tunes (available now on my Hair-Brained music blog), and sounds really nice. only downside of the mic is that is was kind of expensive, so I don't want to take it all over the place, and it's bigger than the alternative... which is the built in mic in my laptop. I think it sounds fine, but some speakers may not be loud enough.

As my adoring public, you must provide feedback as to which one works. Otherwise, i'll just mumble and speak softly into the computer mic just to piss you off.




Hope that this whole thing works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment